Monday, February 9, 2015

So my grammy predictions were.....

Terrible. Just awful. When Beyonce didn't win, everyone (who was awake, so not me) was like 'whhhhhhaaaat'.

Probably 1/20th of the people watching the Grammy's have no clue who beck was and crucified him for winning. If you've never heard one Beck song in your lifetime, you are not living right. And to say he's not deserving is silly. Everyone nominated was INCREDIBLE. I'm not going to lie, when I heard he won Album of the Year, I was as shocked as most people. "He's still alive?" "He's still relevant?" "He's still making music". All the same questions I also asked when I saw Tom Jones, Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga perform. But, I thought back to 2010 (I think it was, too lazy to look it up), when Arcade Fire's "The Suburbs" won for album of the year. Everyone had the same reaction. Who? Why? How??!?!?! If you've not listened to Arcade Fire, especially that album, here are a few links. I've saved you the trouble. http://vimeo.com/59951510

But knowing myself 5 years ago or whenever that was, I was confused why Maroon 5 or The Jonas Brothers didn't win Album of the Year. When I got over my confusion and anger why Nick Jonas's ballet "Love Bug" didn't score any Grammy wins, LET ALONE, any noms,  I listened, relecutantly I may add, to The Suburbs. Life changing and shaped my taste and love music (note to self, Jonas Brothers are in another category about "Music". A place only held in my heart by the JBros and my cat). So tomorrow I am going to listen to Beck's album "Morning Phase" and I suggest you do the same. I'm not saying that you will love it or it will be life-changing (who knows if I will even like it), but push yourself to listen to something you'd never listen to and who knows what happiness may lie ahead. 

On a complete separate note, I need to put in a picture of Rihanna in her princess dress, just so I will never forget what my wedding dress must look like.... well I need a little more pink, but I'm sure that's an easy fix.

Come on Ri-Ri, why would you do this to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment